My remote connections cannot be established¶
- Verify that the RDP/SSH Prerequisites have been satisfied.
- Check your CloudBolt logs for error messages.
- Log into the CloudBolt server via SSH and verify that the
guacgservices are running.
- Log into the CloudBolt server via SSH and verify that you are able to
telnetto the server’s relevant TCP port (22 for SSH, 3389 for RDP).
- Add -d to the list of args to guacg in /etc/init.d/guacg and restart the guacg service; then check /var/log/cloudbolt/guacg.log for error messages.
- Review /var/log/cloudbolt/guacd.log for error messages.
“DISCONNECTED: SSH to …” warning while trying to connect to a server through CloudBolt SSH Server Action¶
This message is sometimes associated with a
guacd configuration. In some cases, the MACs and/or Ciphers available to the CloudBolt instance (specified in the ssh config) do not match those available to the Virtual Machine (specified in the sshd config).
- To view Virtual Machine sshd MACs/Ciphers, run the command
sshd -Tto view the config file or
- From your terminal, ssh into your CloudBolt instance and find the
ssh_configfile, usually at
- Ensure that there is at least one MAC/Cipher which matches those specified in the Virtual Machine’s sshd config.