CloudBolt’s email hooks allow for the creation of emails based on certain action or trigger points.
Email Hook Fields¶
In addition to the common fields (name, description, etc), email hooks have the following fields:
- Subject - Subject line of the email to be sent
- Body - The email body
- From Address - The email address from which the email will be sent. If not set, the value “Email default from address” found in the Admin -> Email Settings page will be used.
- Send to Users - Choose from all users in your CloudBolt (including those imported from LDAP). The email will be sent to the email shown on the user detail page.
- Send to Address - A free form field to include a comma separated list of email address recipients.
- Send to Job Owner - Boolean field. If set to true, an email will be sent to the owner of the job the hook is associated with. The job details page will show the owner of each job for reference.
None of the above fields are required. The Subject , From Address and Body fields are both templatetizeable based on CloudBolt’s Parameter Templates system.
Available Template Variables¶
There are 4 variables that are available when rendering the email Subject and Body. Depending on the trigger point, not all will be available in which case the use of the variable will be ignored.
- job - The job that is executing this email hook
- order - The order if this job is a part of one (for example if this is a provisioning or decommissioning job)
- server - The server associated with the trigger point or related job. If more than one is available, this value will default to the first server only.
- owner - The job owner, order requester, or server owner. For more information, see Action Context.
When CloudBolt executes an Email Hook, it first creates the complete list of recipients. Then a single email is sent with all these recipients in the To field. This email is sent as plain text.