Solarwinds IP Address Manager (IPAM) is a product offered by Solarwinds that allows enterprises to manage and control their DNS, DHCP, and IP Address operations within their private data centers and public clouds.
CloudBolt now integrates with Solarwinds IPAM and offers the ability to configure a connection to your local Solarwinds IPAM and associate it with Networks with no scripting.
- To set up SolarWinds IPAM:
- Click Admin > External Systems > IP Management.
- Click +Add an IPAM…
- Click SolarWinds.
- Enter the appropriate credentials for a new SolarWinds IPAM integration.
- Save the changes.
- Navigate to the Networks tab and click Import Networks. CloudBolt will query your SolarWinds server to bring in the network CIDRs you have configured.
- Enable the SolarWinds orchestration for this instance from the Orchestration tab.
Associating SolarWinds Networks with Existing CloudBolt Networks¶
From the networks tab of your SolarWinds instance, you can map a single SolarWinds network CIDR to one or more Resource Handler networks. Any CloudBolt networks that are so mapped will delegate hostname validation and IP address allocation to the given SolarWinds server.
Customizing SolarWinds Orchestration¶
CloudBolt ships with a sample orchestration hook for SolarWinds that defines functions to:
- validate a hostname
- allocate an IP for a hostname
- delete a host
You may wish to edit these functions for more sophisticated logic.