CloudBolt upgraders are distributed as .tgz archives. They can be downloaded either from CloudBolt’s UI (Admin > Version & Upgrade Info) or from the pertinent post in the support portal at https://support.cloudbolt.io/hc/en-us. The upgrader is designed to keep customizations you have made safe and not lose information, but be sure to review the release notes for any changes you may need to be aware of.
- Back up your CloudBolt instance by duplicating the VM or taking a snapshot.
- Navigate in the CloudBolt UI to Admin > Version & Upgrade Info
- Decide which available release you would like to upgrade to and click the download link for that release
- Read the release notes
- ssh as root to the CloudBolt server and cd into the directory where the upgrader was downloaded (typically /var/tmp)
- Untar the file by running the command
tar xzf name_of_cloudbolt_file.tgz(for example:
tar xzf cloudbolt_upgrader_3.0-src-f893cd2.tgz)
- Go into the directory by running
- If the database that this CloudBolt instance is connecting to is on a different server, edit the install_config file to specify the
- Run the command
- CloudBolt will upgrade to the new version.
- To verify the upgrade, open the CloudBolt web interface, click on the CloudBolt logo at the bottom of the page, and verify the version number shown in the dialog is the new version number.